Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Roller Coaster Ride

I guess it's just too much to ask for an old man like me to understand....but why does weight lose have to be such a roller coaster ride?

Over the last week, I have gone from 250 to 252.5 (right where I started three weeks ago) down to 248. And the silly thing is that my weight seems to go up right after the days that I did "good" on my eating and I seem to go down after a "bad" day where I really enjoyed myself. (Isn't it terrible when "good" means I didn't enjoy myself and "bad" means I had fun?)

Anyway...I have had my ups and downs, but at least my downs are winning. This morning I was at 249 so that is 3.5 pounds since the "Grand ReOpening" of....what.....three weeks ago? That is sticking with my goal of a pound per week.

My big stumble is that I have not started exercising. I have a new exercise machine that I will tell you about but not just yet. That comes a little later when I can start using it. You'll understand later.

I seem to have my appetite under control. I don't HAVE to eat as much now. I don't have the cravings that were there a couple of weeks ago. I just pray that I can keep this up.

I also need to do a better job of posting here more often. It helps to have a place to "vent" and I appreciate any comments you have to make.

Please keep checking back. I also would like to have some of you challenge me and make this a lot more fun. I still have not had a suggestion for a prize for my contest. Help me come up with something.

Thanks for sharing with me.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment