Monday, April 5, 2010

Recess is over.

Just like Mrs. Hancocks gold bell with the black handle that every one of us first-graders wanted to ring when recess was over, my scale is telling me that I need to come back in from the playground and get to work.

I sure would like to have that bell. It would sure bring back lots of memories.

Now.....on to the task at hand.

A quick question:

How do you gain 8 pounds in 4 days?

Answer:

Go to Grandma's house for Easter!

Well, it's Grandma to my kids. It's really my mother's house.

Yep!!! I had done REAL well over the last week. I was down to 245.5 pounds. Then, off we go to Grandma's house. Food. More food. GOOD more food. And then we get to the desserts!

Needless to say, you DON'T want to offend Grandma by not eating. Eating as much as you can. For three days!

Now, I just need to NOT eat as much over the next several weeks as I DID eat over those three days. Why can't the calories come off like they go on?

Anyway...It's time to get back on the program.

I have been doing well by eating 300 calories for breakfast and 350 calories for lunch with 100 calories for morning snack and afternoon snack. That leaves 500 calories for supper. As long as I stay active during the day, I don't get too hungry. I have learned what my low blood sugar feels like so I keep some orange juice in the house to drink if I get real low.

Of course, I have been mowing about an hour a day to get ready for the beekeeping school (more on that in a later post) so I was getting my exercise in. I need to start that again.

So....recess is over.

Please join me as I once again do my best to make less of myself. If you want to join in, let me know. In the next couple of days, I'm going to talk more about what I am doing and how I'm going to do it. I'm hoping to have some of you share this "road" with me.

Until then....don't even think about the desserts at Grandma's house. If you have ever been there, you know what they are like. If you have never been to Grandma's house, you have never tasted food like she can make.

But don't think about it. Because if you do, you will probably put on a couple of pounds just thinking about it.

I know that's how it works for me!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat! Only my problem is the stress of taking 15 hours at Blinn and working 3 days a week at Alton. I started Weight Watchers today. Kevin is getting married in January and I REFUSE to be the fat mom! Keep me posted...maybe we can encourage each other! I'm going to start walking tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about adding a protein shake during the day to help fill in the gaps? That's what I do and it makes all the difference. It fills the belly and helps you with the weird hunger pains & low blood sugar issues. I have some I can totally recommend with only 60 - 80 cals each. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete