Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 1- Let the games begin!

Day 1--Time to get going.

My weight this morning was 250.5. Ok....I know that 1/2 pound is not much and at this time is only 1/500th of my total weight. But I'm going to claim every victory that I can. Besides, some day when I don't do very well, maybe that ".5" might come in handy!!!

Breakfast-1 serving of steel-cut oats. 140 calories. 2.5 grams of fat. It tastes like oatmeal but is kinda crunchy. You can add fake sugar or cinimonononon (I could never get that right) or a pat of butter and its pretty good. After three days of that for breakfast I'm not near as tired of it as I thought.

Lunch- 2 servings of lentils. 70 calories each so 140 calories with no fat but 8 grams of protein. I added some pinto bean seasoning and they were pretty good. I DO like pinto beans. I also had 1 cup of Donna's homemade soup. Not sure of the calories, but let's say 200 just to be safe.

So far I have 480 calories. I will have a couple of handfuls of peanuts for a snack and we'll see what happens at supper.

I guess I am aiming at around 1500 calories per day. I should try for 1200 but I think I would get hungry and binge in revolt. Let's see how I do at 1500 and I can always lower it if it's not working or if my body gets used to that amount without a mutiny or cravings.

I also walked for a mile this morning. I could have gone further but it was 6:45 and still dark and I had forgotten my cell phone and I knew that Donna might call from work and get worried if I didn't answer. I'll try to walk again this evening.

All in all.....not bad for.....uh.....6 hours worth. Is it time to go weigh, yet? Am I down 2 or 3 pounds so far?

Gotta go get busy so I don't get hungry.

Thanks for listening!

Michael

1 comment: