Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WOW! This is EASY!!!

Amazing!!!

I got on the scale this morning and it read 248.5. One day....two pounds!

Lets see...two pound per day into 50 pounds.....That's 25 days.....So by November 1, I should be at 200 pounds!!!

Why didn't I do this before?

What do you mean....."It doesn't work that way?" My math is correct!

Ok...Ok....I know....It's all water. Ok....so I won't drink any water for the next 25 days. How's that?



Back to reality.

But the scale DID say 248.5!!!

I guess not eating anything late might have something to do with it.

For a snack yesterday afternoon I had peanuts. I LOVE peanuts. Any kind of nut! (That's why I put up with some of YOU!) My doctor even said that nuts were good for you.

What he failed to mention is how many calories were in those nuts.

So I go to look at the can of peanuts and see that one serving is "around 53 pieces." So I get out a one-cup measurererer and start counting. "One peanut. Two peanuts. Three peanuts. Wait a minute....that was a half. Here's another half to make the rest of Three peanuts." I figure that when the one cup measurererer is full, I will eat those and then keep counting.

Unfortunately....when I got to 53 peanuts, the bottom of the cup was barely covered!!! "Around 53 pieces" is ALMOST 1/4 cup! I'm used to eating 1/4 of a can of peanuts. So much for the "good for you" and "tastes good" at the same time foods.

So, add 160 calories to my total.

I also had a fairly large peach that was getting soft. (Hey...give me half a chance, I can justify eating food that is going bad!) Probably 100 calories.

I also forgot about some thin slices of "shaved ham" that I had for breakfast. 70 calories.

For supper we had scrambled eggs with some sausage and 1 piece of toast.
Estimated at (two eggs-200, sausage-200, toast-70) 470 calories.

That totals 1280 calories for the day. Hey.....not as bad as I thought.

I WAS a bit hungry in the evening but it wasn't real bad. I think I had a little reserve stored up in my stomach that probably won't be there within 48 hours.

I rode my stationary bike today. My goal was 20 minutes. I pushed myself beyond that and when I couldn't take it any more, I looked at my clock. A total of 10 minutes. A TOTAL of 10 minutes. Did anyone notice a time warp happening this afternoon?

Anyway.....Things are moving right along. I just need to incorporate more exercise (without the time warps) into my day.

Thanks for being here. I DID have to resist urges to eat something several times but I was able to "step...away...from...the refrigerator" because I knew I'd have to tell all on here and I didn't want to get slammed the first day!

More tomorrow.

God Bless you and keep you safe.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment